The purpose of Title II, Part A is to help increase the academic achievement of all students by helping schools and school districts ensure that all teachers are highly qualified to teach.
Funds may be used to:
- Pay the salaries of highly qualified teachers hired for the purpose of reducing class size
- Recruit and retain highly qualified teachers and principals
- Provide research-based, high-quality professional development activities
- Support the acquisition of advanced degrees
- Provide training activities to enhance the involvement of parents