Elementary students will attend school on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Drop-off time: 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m., Dismissal: 2:00 p.m.
Virtual Learning will take place every Wednesday for ALL MPSD Students.
Wednesday will be virtual learning for ALL students in Meridian Public School District. Additional deep cleaning of all common areas and classrooms will take place on Wednesdays. Teachers will be on campus offering virtual learning through Zoom and Google Classroom.
Full virtual learning is available for those who do not feel comfortable bringing their child to school or if the child has a medical condition. We encourage parents of PK-3rd grade students to consider the hybrid model.
Is Poplar Springs prepared with enough cleaning supplies to ensure every school is cleaned properly?
Yes, the district has been preparing since March and has been able to purchase a large supply of sanitizing products on top of the surplus we already had available.
•All desks will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes before and after each meal.
• Students will be given hand sanitizer before eating.
• Grab and Go breakfast and lunch will be delivered to the classroom by cafeteria staff.
• When social distancing is possible, students may eat in the cafeteria.
• If a student brings a lunch from home, it must be in a brown bag or something similar that can be disposed of daily. Drinks should not be brought in a thermal mug or cup.
• All food and drink items must be disposable. • A plan for feeding students on virtual learning days will be released before the start of school in August.
•Parents are encouraged to check their child’s temperature before they leave home.
• Parents who are able are being encouraged to drop-off and pick-up their child(ren) from school.
• Adjustments to bus drivers schedules are being made to accommodate the bus stops with large student numbers.
• Buses will be sanitized daily and in between drop-off and pick-up routes.
• Buses will load from the front and students will proceed all the way to the back of the bus to assist with social distancing and decrease student interaction.
•Poplar Springs will adhere to the guidelines set forth by the CDC and MDE.
•Additional daily cleaning by all custodial staff members and teachers.
• Temperature checks done daily when staff and students enter the building.
• All students and staff are expected to wear a mask throughout the day when social distancing is not possible.
• Hand sanitizer is available in every classroom and sanitizing stations in the hallways.
• Washing hands multiple times a day.
• Bookbags, nap mats, and other types of bags will not be allowed in the school building to help the school decrease the chance of the virus being transferred from home to school or school to home.
*Additional deep cleaning of all common areas and classrooms will take place on Wednesdays. Teachers will be on campus offering virtual learning through Zoom and Google Classroom.
•Poplar Springs will take attendance when students are in the building AND when students receive instruction via virtual learning.
• Poplar Springs will grade work submitted through Google Classroom when students are receiving instruction online or in the building.
• There will be no large assemblies beyond the number recommended in CDC guidelines. Social distancing practices will be used with any assemblies.
• To protect the safety of our students and staff, Poplar Springs will not allow visitors in the school building.
• Anyone entering the building must call the front office before entering. Temperature screening will be done on all visitors, including parents. Each visitor will also be required to wear a face mask.
• Parents will need to call the office before checking their child in or out of school. If the parent must enter the building, they must have their temperature taken and be wearing a mask.