Student Recognition Program
To be eligible for honor roll at Meridian High School, a student must have a grade point average of 3.25 and above during a nine-week grading period. Students will be recognized in the following manner:
1. A letter will be sent home with the report cards to parents informing them of student recognition.
2. Names of all honor roll students will be displayed in the showcase and in the newspaper.
Student Improvement Award
This award recognizes and honors students who have made a significant improvement in academic classes. To be eligible for this award, a student must raise his overall grade point average by one whole point from one grading period to the next. Students will be recognized with the following:
1. A recognition celebration given by PTMHS and Meridian High School faculty and staff.
2. A letter sent home to parents informing them of student recognition and honor.
3. A certificate of honor awarded to the qualifying students at the celebration.
Outstanding Student Citizenship
The Outstanding Student Citizenship Awards provides the opportunity for students to be recognized and rewarded for outstanding citizenship. This includes those students with perfect attendance, no tardies, or no discipline referrals. Teachers submit names for students who demonstrate outstanding behavior/citizenship. The types of awards/rewards will vary. It is likely that these may be awarded by raffle. Various rewards will be provided by community sponsors.
The Student-of-the-Quarter award is designed to honor students who have demonstrated excellence subject matter areas. Students are selected by departments at the end of each nine-week grading period. Students may be chosen for this recognition based on the following criteria: Academic performance, attendance and punctuality, attitude, citizenship,cooperation, effort, and leadership. Students are recognized by receiving a letter of commendation and having their name placed on display in the showcase.