- All schools will provide high-quality instruction that prepares all students for college and career readiness while achieving a successful or higher rating.
- All schools will maintain safe, attractive, and healthy learning environments.
- All schools will recruit and retain highly qualified teachers and staff.
- All schools will create strong relationships with parents and the community.
- All schools will maintain a sound financial balance.
The mission of the Meridian Public School District is to develop excellence in each student in a safe, innovative learning environment supported by teachers, parents, and the community.
MPSD prepares all students in a parent and community partnership, to be literate self-directed learners with the confidence and character to compete in a complex and ever-changing world.
The Meridian Public School District strives to:
- Maintain safe and orderly environments that model respect, integrity, and accountability
- Relentlessly pursue reading and math literacy to enhance academic excellence
- Use college and career standards to guide inquiry into innovative learning and teaching
- Foster citizenship and promote strong moral values through quality educational programs
- Actively create learner-centered classrooms that foster ownership of student learning
- Empower families to join their students in goal-setting and reviewing progress toward their goals
We believe as MPSD leaders and teachers that:
- Each student sets goals, monitors his/her progress, and makes adjustments to achieve academic and life goals
- Each student will learn what is important to know and do under the appropriate instructional conditions to be successful
- Teachers motivate through high expectations and positive caring relationships by knowing each student deeply, and sharing relevant life experiences
- Teachers, as active collaborators, continuously monitor the impact of their teaching on student learning using assessment data
- Teachers and leaders work together to protect and use instructional time wisely, using data as the guide for student learning and achievement
- Parents are partners in ensuring daily student attendance and active participation in student goal setting and monitoring of student progress
In 2017, with a mission of developing excellence in each student in a safe, innovative learning environment, the Meridian Public School District developed a strategic plan to shape our district over the three years. This plan will serve as a roadmap for how we create an environment where learners become leaders. The strategic plan outlines goals and strategies to prepare our students to reach their full potential.